Monday, June 16, 2008

Our Family Weekend

This weekend proved to be interesting. I went to meet my sister in Spartanburg to pick up my nieces and bring them back to Tennessee. Stuart, Jacob, and John went off to Greenville to visit with grandmommy. I went to pick up my nieces because next summer I will be working again and wanted to visit with them.I also went to Spartanburg to visit with my Grandmother who had fallen and broken her hip last spring. My Grandma Jennie always took care of me and made me feel like I was a good person. She taught me small things about respect, good handwriting, and some great ideas for gardening. I always felt like I was at my own home with her. She has had the same phone number since I was a little girl. She has a bird named Sunny that was 21 years old. She taught me how to sew basic things. She had a love for old photographs, stories, picnics, Carolina peaches, homemade ice cream, the Beacon, and homemade biscuits with peach preserves. She loved all her Grandchildren. I am not saying that she is perfect but in a child's eyes she has always been perfect to me. Watching her this weekend was very sad. She has dementia and half the conversation with me were repeated over and over. It is so sad because she really is not connecting us it is like her life stopped 20 years ago. After I got home, I felt really sick to my stomach. I thought it was the winding curves up the mountain. Later on in the night I was surprised to find it was a virus or food poisoning. I was projectile vomiting, dehydrated, headache, and other not so nice symptoms. Also, my sweet niece Ginny took a horrible tumble off a razor scooter when it hit a rock and tumble down the hill. She had only been at my house for a few hours and manage to scrap everything on her body! I felt so bad for her. I checked on her every few hours. While we were in Spartanburg Ashley, Ginny, Anna, Kelly, and I stayed in an hotel and let the girls swim they had a blast. Apparently they do not get out much because they had a grand time! We are going to plan our week out now that I am better and they are going to Bible School at 1st Baptist Church of Dandridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment