Thursday, June 26, 2008

Love

There are so many things I love about being a Mom. Ashley and John were watching Bindi the Jungle Girl and the Crocodile Hunter. John watched the Crocodile Hunter carrying a tiger. John said " I want a Daddy like that!". I was thinking he already has a brother who acts like the Crocodile Hunter.

I always like to make a cake with the kids. Of course, they are not really interested in the cake. They want to lick the icing and sprinkles. This cake was no exception. I love watching how excited they get with icing all over their faces. When we finished the cake, I took them to the high school pool. Kids are truly happy around water. I love watching them so happy swimming around and jumping into the pool. I love watching them enjoy ice cream, cake, and cookies too. I love watching the ride their own bikes.

I let Jacob and a friend go off to Dollywood for the day and then he stopped by the house for only 30 minutes. He asked if he could stay the night with his friend so I let him.

Yesterday, I was out walking with the kids on what I call a short walk. Stuart went for his run in the other direction. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Stuart standing on the sidewalk. He was trying to get my attention so I turned the kids around to his direction. When we reached Stuart I finally understood why he wanted our attention. He was in front of a snake curled up like a Cobra. He said "I have never seen such an aggressive snake that is not poisonous". He thought it might be some kind of king or queen snake. It was actually a gray rat snake. The kids were fascinated. I wish I had my camera. Tonight Stuart did not get home until 9PM. I fixed him pan fried salmon, fresh pineapple, and pasta with squash and zucchini. Then we took a small walk and talk to the neighbor until 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment