Thursday, June 26, 2008

Afternoon

The house is so quiet. I just put the kids down for a nap. We went to meet Stuart for lunch and then went shopping for a few minutes. The kids do not do well shopping. John hangs out of the buggy and pulls things off the shelves. Ashley and John talk about burping, passing gas, and try to make each other laugh. Then John is the typical little man he starts talking about going home before we ever start. I hate sounding nasty to my kids in the store so I limited my time to thirty minutes. I found Ashley three shirts for a $1.90 per shirt and John a Duckhead jacket for a buck. Then we went into the Dollar Store and got Ashley flip flops and ribbon and made her a new pair of shoes. I bought John a $1 truck and Ashley a work book. They get so excited over the small stuff. When we went to eat they noticed Stuart pulling up and you would have thought it was Christmas time. They were yelling, jumping, waving, and the whole restaurant was watching. It was so cute to see Stuart loved so much!

We also bought four packs of tic tacs for $1.00. How do they make them that cheap. Stuart and I always talk about the more something is processed the cheaper it gets. That is what is wrong with our society. We can by chips, soda, candy, cookies, Twinkies, donuts, crackers, and starch for 1/3 the price of fresh fruits and vegetables. Then we get our fruits and veggies shipped in from other countries. I just bought Ashley a shirt for $1.90 but how many resources from the earth was used to process that shirt. Is it really a bargain. Last night we were eating salmon that cost $7 and Stuart said "was it farm raised?" Of course it was, we can not afford it other wise because it would have been $12. But farm raised has red dye in it and is missing it's Omega 3 so is it really a bargain?








In my blog earlier, I discussed that Jacob was like the Crock Hunter. This afternoon he went to walk Mojo and came back with a baby bird. All I can think about is the bird flu and want him to was his hands with soap. Its the Nurse coming out in me!

No comments:

Post a Comment