Wednesday, July 2, 2008

July

John! John! Keeps the family in stitches. Ashley corrected John this morning about the way he said road. (it sounded like row) John exclaimed that is was a street anyway! Ashley argued and John said deal with it. He is only three what will be next. Sometimes, I hold John's hands and look into his eyes so that he will listen to me. The whole time he is jumping and wiggling. How could he listen moving that much? I took Ashley and John to the High School pool today for a few hours. The kids always have fun. Ashley listens, swims quietly, and lays in the sun to be like the other girls there at the pool. John jumps, runs, dives, splashes, and throws toys like all the other boys. He also kindly brought three bugs, a leaf, and a rollie pollie to me. Yuck! I sit and watch the clock waiting to say its time to go. There are so many women even moms with three or four kids that have great figures. Well, that has never been my strong point. When I was in my first year of college I went to the beach and bought the most slimming black bathing suit. Down the sides of the suit, there were bows with a circles after each bow all the way down to the thigh. All the boys were looking my way then. I weighed about 127 lbs and went up about 10lbs every year in college. My senior year I weighed 158 and thought I was the fattest person in the world and then I had three kids. Oh well, life goes on !!! Its hard to be married to a person under weight and consumes about 6,000 calories per day.

Moms have to be feeling crazy these days with the way things are in the world. The classic mini van is on the way out the door and the economy car is back in. Try going to the beach with three kids, one of which is 6 feet and two in car seats. Makes for a fun trip. Gas prices are changing the way families do things especially like eating out. We went into what should have been a busy restaurant on Sunday Night and there were two tables filled up and the rest of the restaurant was empty. I think it will change many markets around the world.

Last night, I made whole wheat pizzas with veggies from our garden. I put basil, artichokes, banana peppers, olives, fresh tomatoes, mushrooms, sauce, and cheese. Then, I made the kids a plain cheese pizza. John had 5 pieces of pizza. Ashley had 4 pieces. Then they went out to ride scooters and bikes. It was a beautiful night and we had a slight breeze. Stuart and I admired the pumpkins and water melons growing in our garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment