Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sunday






Pumpkins from our yard!

Ashley's big day

Everyday, I think that time will slow down and I will catch my breath to view the world . But things keep moving faster and faster. I always remind myself to slow down and enjoy life. My family did just that this weekend. It was quiet and we did what we wanted instead of what we were suppose to finish.

Ashley reminded me that I said she could have her ear piercest. So, off we went to the mall but I did not fill her in on any of the details. I did not want to scare my beautiful six year old. That experience is not something you would take pictures of but she acted better than expected. She squeezed my hands and that was the end of the pain. You could choose from about twenty pairs of earrings. She chose her birth stone which is green. She must keep the new earrings in for six weeks and clean them three times daily. She has been warned not play with them or her ears will become infected. My little girl......was so proud tonight.

Stuart and I spent most of the weekend watching the Olympics and enjoying each others company. Tonight, I fixed a real southern dinner......mashed potatoes, steamed veggies, country style steak, and buttermilk biscuits with honey. What a mess with the kitchen but everyone had a full belly. Tomorrows dinner will have to be simple Ashley has Cheer practice. Stuart dried some herbs in the attic and they turned out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment