Sunday, August 31, 2008

Holiday Weekend



Ashley, Zachery, and Cole in a group hug!

Busy is the only way to explain Friday and Saturday's events. I had class from 9-2:00PM on Friday. I rushed off the grocery store, picked Ashley up at the bus stop, then John at school, and finally Jacob at the High School. Then Pat, my employer came by the house and picked me up and we were off to the High School. There was a high school football game at 7:30 and State Farm had a promotional gig. The sun was beating down on us as we worked meeting and greeting people. The game reminded me of a Clemson...USC game. Because it was so hot, lots of cars, and crazy fans. Stuart took Ashley to cheer practice. I arrived home at 8:00, Stuart and the kids at 8:30, and Jacob 11:00. Then the next morning, we were up at 6:00AM. Jacob had a running meet in West Knoxville. So, Stuart dropped Jacob off at the high school and came back to dress the kids. Stuart, Ashley, and John headed off to a park in West Knoxville to watch Jacob run. I went into work with Pat at State Farm. The office was crazy. In two short hours there were probably 14 customers that stopped by. Then we all meet back at home at 1:00 and rest fort about an hour. Ashley was cheering at a football game in Kodak, TN. So, I kept John and Stuart took Ashley to the game. Stuart loves hot weather and I hate it weather above 82 degrees. Our team won the game and Stuart got back about 7:00PM. He helped me get the kids ready for bed and the he slipped on shorts to go run four miles. I laid down on the bed with my mouth open thinking life is such a blur. When Stuart got back we set out on the front porch listening to music. We had a glass of organic red wine. I love our quiet time and it was a beautiful evening although we were have trouble keeping our eyes opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment