Friday, May 30, 2008

Summer is Beginning

I decided that I wanted the kids to have a fun play area with swings and a slide . The swing sets you can purchase are metal or wooden. The metal swing sets are not that attractive and the wooden sets fade in color. So, Stuart suggested that we use our deck and attach the slides and swing. I said "cut into our deck and put the slide off the side of it"? At first, I was not so sure that was a good idea. But we purchased two swings and a slide for less that $100.00 and we incorporated them in our back deck and it turned out nice. I already had a sand box so they have a nice play area. But now I need to put in a $6000.00 fence to keep them in the backyard. It's funny how some ways one can save money and other ways you can not. The kids had Ice Cream Cones and played outside. Today, I checked out a library book for the kids called The Dirty Little Boy. It is a great book! I had tender moments with the kids today. We played fetch with Mojo, played with our neighbor, made birthday cards, painted rocks, and laughed at John. I took Jacob over to a friends house. Stuart and I are going to watch a movie. It was a really low keyed day but nice.

1 comment:

  1. I like reading about your day - all the way from Paris!

    ReplyDelete