Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Jacob and Mojo



I went on a lunch date with my husband last week. This type of occasion only happens a few times of year. We had a great meal at Wok Hay's and some very interesting mango tea. The price, service, and meal was better than we expected. After we had a great lunch, we had to turn around in downtown Knoxville. The busy four lane road we were on had come to a halt. We were laughing so hard because this women in little Honda civic was driving a stick shift and it kept cutting off. Then the car would start back and speed off only to slam on breaks again and cut off. When we finally got to a good place so we decided to turn around. Out of the corner of my eye I saw this really cute dog in a pen. We had turned around at the Humane Society Adoption Center. I had to go pet that dog. I really want my kids to grow up loving animals like I did as a child. Although, I am a cleaning freak and dog hair grosses me out. I do not want my kids to suffer because of my hangups.

My oldest son, Jacob is like the Crocodile Hunter and animals seem to be drawn to him. When we lived in Etowah, NC two dogs followed Jacob home one day and became part-time pets. He loves all animals although Mojo made him really mad today (Mojo nipped his head really hard). Jacob has had a hard school year and I really felt he needs a dog. Mojo needs Jacob too. Mojo is a human dog because he acts like a human. He can open doors, open the garage door, and thinks he owns the house. He is 11 months old and is a Irish Wolf Hound mix. We had to put him in a kennel tonight and he gave my husband this horrible look. But he will consume everything not nailed down like shoes, helmets, balls, vacuum parts, DVD cases, mini blinds, and really just about anything. We thought he was through the chewing stage but not yet apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment