Sunday, May 18, 2008

Our Neighborhood "Millstone"





Last year a few times our neighborhood got together and had a cookout. I love to see all the children running around, acting crazy, and enjoying the night. My kids are in the bed by 8 on school nights so they think getting to stay up is like a birthday present. Last night we had a cookout with seven couples and eight kids. We had hamburgers, kabobs, chicken, fresh fruit, slaw, potato salad, Kevin's famous beans, and sweet tea. After eating, we sit around a open camp fire and roast marshmallows. The kids play games and ride their bikes. The children were ages 3-14 years old. It was a really enjoyable evening and perfect weather. Stuart and I enjoy sitting outside on our patio, having a fire, and listening to music. We like all kinds of music but we really like Keb Mo http://kebmomusic.com/ and Jimmy Buffet. When I was a young girl my dad listened to Jimmy Buffet at our lake house and I thought it was a curse. We also had to listen to Charlie Pride growing up. Stuart and I have gone to several Buffet concerts and they are fun!

1 comment:

  1. I really like to read about all that you have to say. It is better than listening because I can keep going back to it.

    ReplyDelete