Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve Night

My favorite song Away in a Manger.
Truly most Americans celebrate Christmas but not the birth of Jesus including myself. As I believe that I have grown wiser I have just really gotten older. Every year I claim that my children will celebrate Christmas for the right reasons and not just gift giving but I get further from my words. It is so easy to slip into a world of Walmart, Sam's, Best Buy, and Toysrus. It is just as easy to slip beyond the true meaning of Christmas. There are so many demands made on families today. John has had two school programs, Ashley a cheering banquet, Jacob exams, gift buying, tree decorating, my final exams, state exams, trying to all the presents just right and for the right people, Christmas parties, not to mention all the job responsibilities one has year around. Christmas for many adults is crunch, panic, and mania time. It is a rush to the finish line to see the smile on your children's face on Christmas morning. Sometimes, I just want to run outside and scream! But for the family I keep my composure. I would like to slow things down, celebrate Jesus, buy things made in America, buy things made from the earth, enjoy all of my family, and be a outstanding citizen before I die! Well that is it for my soap box.

Yesterday and today my car is having problems. I was going through my midlife crisis and traded in the Minivan for a Saab 9-3. Cool car but I am having computer malfunction with steering and the car will not accept my key. My car would not unlock. Well, that is a really big problem for me! Then I got on the net and read that this is a common, expensive and pain in the buttom problem with Saabs! Maybe I should have gotten an Accord.
Well, the kids will be up early so I am off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment