Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Circus

At the bottom of this blog entry click on my video of Cannon Ball Smith at the Circus. Yesterday, I got a great mother gift. I got a bug or the flu from the boys. Two nights before Jacob was really sick and two days before that John was sick. I felt like I had an acid stomach so I took something for it. I think taking the antacid probably made my flu worse by holding everything in for a while. The flu settled down in my muscles and I was so sore from head to toe. I moaned all night, had a fever of 100.5, vomiting, and many other unpleasant things.

Stuart took Ashley to her football game and we won 44-0. Ashley loves cheering and yelling. Sometimes it cute but if you have the flu the yelling is brutal. Stuart then took the kids to the Cherokee Dam to check it out for the future. He said it was really neat with a great walking trail right over the dam.


Today, we had tickets to Circus. I was so sick but yet I wanted to go to see the look on their faces when they saw all the animals. Going to the Circus when your sick IS NOT A GOOD IDEA. I put on my smile face and burped all the way there. Stuart threatened to take everyone home because they were fighting so bad in the car. I really do not think it is possible for anyone to act out the way Jacob does. He slaps and pinches Ashley and John. We got to the Circus at 11:00am and at first you could walk out on the floor. They had pony rides for $6.00 and Baby Elephant rides for $10.00. There were so many people. John was really excited. I sat down from 11:00-12:30 just thinking how sore I was and trying just to clear my mind. Finally, the Circus started with tigers, elephants, dancing, and clowns. During the half time show I climbed 100 stairs and vomited in a very nasty bathroom. When I got back to my seat the show started again with 6 motorcycles in a metal cage going around in circles at the same time. John was in love. The Circus had about 12,000 people there today. We did not eat lunch so Stuart bought the kids so popcorn. Well, I don't let the kids have salt and this popcorn was salty. John stuck his bottom lip out and it was white and dry. I told Stuart that John OD'd on salt. Jacob went off to get a drink for everyone to share, which he tortured John when he got back with it. When we left the Circus we had to go get something to eat and we were back in the car with fighting kids. Stuart did a u-turn and scratch my car! Maybe I should have stayed home!






Video of Cannonball Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment