Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Southern Dinner Meal


I made chicken pot pie Monday night. I thought that it was too warm outside to make such a heavy meal. My family not me ate the entire pie.


Recipe:
Boil whole chicken with salt,pepper, and 4 chicken bullion cubes
Boil chicken until tender ( starts falling apart)
Take Chicken out set to the side

Peel 2lbs of Yukon gold potatoes and cube
1 bag of baby carrots or two cups of sliced fresh carrots
Onion**optional
I add ice to broth and remove fat*** many different methods
Take broth, carrots, potatoes, and bring to a boil until slightly tender then set to side

Remove Chicken skin and bones leaving shredded chicken

In a deep baking dish add all cooked ingredients
1. Shredded Chicken
2. Broth, carrots, and cubed potatoes
3. 1-2 can of cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup mix or make a rue
salt pepper sprinkle of sage


Pie
I mix olive oil, flour, and water roll out real thin


bake on 330-350 for 1 hour or until golden brown

let stand for 20 minutes before serving

No comments:

Post a Comment