Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday Early Fall Day

One of my favorite memories and something I cling to every year is the fall crisp mornings after a USC football game. Stuart and I stayed up last night watching USC and Georgia play an intense game of football. A morning when you are just too tired to drag yourself from the bed I heard the wind blowing. I jumped up and made a pot of coffee and headed to the screen porch and just sat there in deep thought feeling the September breeze sweep across me. The sound of the leaves rustling and the crystal blue sky is my happiest time of the year. I love fall. No humidity in the air. I love the mountains and the leaves changing vivrant colors that swirl around in the yard. Every year we rake the leaves in big piles and watch the kids smile as they jump in the leaves with joy. We go an pick apples, start lighting candles in the house, and start wearing light jacket. It is just like the feeling you get in the springtime after a long harsh winter... Next we will have pumpkins and beautiful dark clear night skies....

No comments:

Post a Comment